Looking to open-up the potential of data to everyone? Then join us. We are ONTOFORCE, a Belgian company and global market leader in the development of groundbreaking semantic search technologies. Our user-friendly search platform DISQOVER makes unique links between data sources, thus enabling everyone to be a data scientist.
We’re now looking for a talented and highly motivated Customer Data Scientist to join our Customer data team.
OUR WORKING ENVIRONMENT
In the data team, we handle the semantic integration of data and the management of open, public as well as private data sources. Because more data means more and better insights. And that’s what you, along with us, can make possible.
At ONTOFORCE, we adhere to an agile development environment, giving every co-worker a high degree of freedom, room for initiative and the possibility to assume responsibility.
THE JOB DESCRIPTION
- The linked Data Consultant / Field Application Scientist is a scientific and technical consultant for our customers. You use your scientific and technical knowledge to solve real-world scientific problems in life-science areas and beyond. You identify the best approach and advise customer on its data integration challenges.You translate their requirements into custom integrations and solutions.
- You implement – along with your colleagues – the ETL and semantic integration of data for customer data sources in DISQOVER using semantic web technologies In other words, you extract, transform, load, link and map all types of public and private data.
- You will establish relationships based on trust with our customers by being one of their first point of contact and a sparring partner on scientific and technical matters, including user trainings and product support.
- You are responsible for the customer interaction and implementation for customer project on the platform. You identify the best approach and advise customer on its data integration challenges. You translate their requirements into custom integrations and solutions.
- You ensure the delivery at level of excellence. This involves proper project set up and planning to achieve the customer’s goals; specifying and coordinating and executing the implementation work
- You provide training on the software to customers.
- To stay on top of our domain, you share your knowledge and collaborate closely with the software architects and other team members.
- You help us to continually optimize the ONTOFORCE integration ontology.
- As we work in a global setting with customers all over the world, you’re also prepared to travel occasionally.
- A degree with strong scientific background (Ph.D. level preferred) in bioinformatics, molecular biology, or a similar discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience working would be a definitive advantage, especially in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology chemical company, a contract research organization, a consulting company, a provider of scientific software.
- You will be exposed to a range of different people, so you should feel comfortable interacting with customers at all levels (managers, scientists, and IT experts) and be prepared to constantly communicate internally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and customer service compass.
- The role involves scripting and working with UNIX systems, which means that experience with at least one scripting language (preferably Python) as well as basic familiarity with the UNIX shell environment is required.
A distinct plus would be knowledge of or experience with…
- Familiarity with networks, graph based technologies, databases, data mining, semantic web, linked data is an advantage, but not strictly required for the job.
- RDF, relational and graph-based database technologies (SQL, SPARQL, etc.).
- Data management and data model.
- Several development language (Java, Python, Perl, C++..).
- Proficiency in distributed version control software (e.g. git, Github).
People we love to work with are…
- Fast learners
- Result and solution driven
- Team players