Gent, Belgium or Boston – MA, US
ONTOFORCE helps people transform data into knowledge, gather insights across all data sources and make an impact on our customer’s business. Our platform DISQOVER builds intelligent links between private, third-party, and public data sources democratizing access to all your data.
Our customers are research-intensive organizations, in the fields of life sciences, healthcare, and beyond: from pharmaceutical multinationals, small-to-medium biotech companies, academic institutes, hospitals to patient organizations.
The solution delivery team is collaborating with customers to achieve their projects for knowledge access and retrieval on the DISQOVER platform, democratizing data for a variety of stakeholders. We are identifying the best solutions and are delivering service excellence.
- You will provide scientific and technical consulting for our customers. You will advise customers on their data model, management, and integration challenges by defining and planning the integration strategy. You will translate their requirements into custom data integration approaches.
- You will implement customer projects on the DISQOVER platform, from data ingestion to user experience. This includes:
- The ETL and semantic integration of data for customer data sources in DISQOVER using semantic web technologies. In other words, you will extract, transform, load, link, and map all types of public and private data.
- The translation of customer’s requirements to visualize their data into a user-friendly manner
- You will act as a trusted partner and advisor to our customers, establishing long-term relationships by being one of the first points of contact.
- You will provide training on the platform and data integration tool to customers.
- You will be the first line of support for customers, actively representing the voice of the customer to the product team where needed.
- You will work in close collaboration with the Go-To-Market team, including assisting on Q&As with prospects.
- You will help us to continually optimize the DISQOVER platform, providing relevant feedback to the product team.
- As we work in a global setting with customers all over the world, you’re also prepared to travel occasionally.
- A degree with strong scientific background in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a similar discipline.
- 2+ years of industry experience; preferably in the fields of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, contract research, consulting, or scientific software.
- You have excellent communication skills (written, oral and non-verbal communication) in English and a customer service compass.
- You are a team player and have the ability to work autonomously.
- You have very good affinity with data.
- The role involves scripting and working with UNIX systems, which means that experience with at least one scripting language (preferably Python) as well as a basic familiarity with the UNIX shell environment is required.
A distinct plus would be knowledge of or experience with…
- Familiarity with networks, graph-based technologies, databases, data mining, semantic web, linked data is an advantage, but not strictly required for the job.
- RDF, relational and graph-based database technologies (SQL, SPARQL, etc.).
- Data management and data modeling.
- Project and account management
- Experience with customer service or support.
What we offer
- Complete compensation package
- Great team to work
- Innovative product that pushes the edge of data-linkage technology and challenges your mind
- Environment that welcomes your ideas, initiatives, and creativity
- Opportunity to learn in the form of courses and trainings
People we love to work with are…
- Customer oriented
- Solution driven
- Team players
We are hiring for several positions for this role with different seniority profiles.