ONTOFORCE helps people transform data into knowledge, gather insights across all data sources and make an impact on our customer’s business. Our platform DISQOVER builds intelligent links between private, third-party, and public data sources democratizing access to all your data. Our customers are research-intensive organizations, in the fields of life sciences, healthcare, and beyond: from pharmaceutical multinationals, small-to-medium biotech companies, academic institutes, hospitals to patient organizations.
Together with your Scrum team, you will build the DISQOVER product which enables our users, in a user friendly and performant way, to process and extract insights out of a complex knowledge graph of terabytes of data. If you are enthusiastic about building an integrated self-service web-based platform, love to crack the challenges of scalability and high-performance computing, want to see big data drive innovation and enable Artificial Intelligence, apply now!
The main technologies that you will be working with in this role are Python, AWS, Redis, Solr, Flask, PostgreSQL… To build the functionality, you will have to solve the complex problem and you will expose this functionality optimized for our APIs and our user interfaces!
- You will take challenging business problems, and come up with and build effective, performant, user friendly… solutions for these challenges.
- Together with your Scrum team, you develop new functionality and features autonomously and iteratively end-to-end: from design, to developing and testing your features
- You and your team own what you or your teammates write. This means that you also review pull requests, ensure knowledge is shared, write maintainable code, coach and guide less experienced members…
- You innovate in our technologies, our product, and our way of working.
- You hold a master or bachelor’s degree in computer science/Informatics (or equal through a proven track record).
- You are familiar with industry standard code principles like Clean Code and Clean Architecture and you have a solid grasp of common software engineering practices, like OO principles, modern design patterns, test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- You dream and breathe in Python and you love think up and design algorithms
- REST APIs have no secrets for you
- Knowledge of microservice architecture and/or machine learning is a plus
- Expect to work with technologies like Python, C++, Bash, Docker, Jenkins, Solr, graph databases, Redis, AI, AWS…
- Testing is not an afterthought for you. For you, relying on automated tests is essential to the quality, time to market, and confidence in your code.
- Security is paramount for you. You always write code protected from things like cross site scripting, injection attacks, man-in-the-middle attacks…
- Performance is crucial for you. You realize the impact that a slow performance has on your user experience and you will design and architect for optimal performance.
What we offer
- A great team to work with that wants to be challenged and that will challenge you
- An innovative product that pushes the edge of data-linkage technology and challenges your mind
- An environment that welcomes your ideas, initiative and creativity
- Opportunity to learn in the form of courses and trainings
People we love to work with are…
- #respectfulness and #openness. At Ontoforce, we know that the best and most creative solutions always come from people working and communicating openly with each other. Constantly challenging each-other, but realizing that all parties are equal and bring different experience and insights to the table.
- #accountability and #ambition: We love people who have ambition, who want to be the best and make the best product company by taking accountability for their own work, and who are not afraid to respectfully hold their colleagues accountable.